Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-23, 06:33   Link #1201
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Whatever. I didn't particularly enjoy Steins;Gate's ending arc either, for pretty much the same reasons I didn't enjoy Robotics;Note's. A plot that should, on the surface, be epic in nature, ends up being very small-scale and personal in actuality. So, I find it more than a little amusing that those who hold SG up to high heavens have so many issues with RN.

I can't help but wonder if it's more a reduced emotional connection to the characters than all the other reasons people are grasping at to like one over the other. Coincidence or not, there's no Rei Ayanami-type character in RN, as opposed to SN, and the comments in their respective threads shows by that omission.
If you are thinking about Moeka as the "Rei-type character" then it's not my case. AFAIK she is not very high on the list of most loved heroines, due to her role in the show.
My enjoyment of S;G has more to do with the carefully constructed plot, which actually works (admittedly with some minor hiccups) and the characters. Especialy Okarin is a unique protagonist and his romance with Kurisu was so well crafted that in the end I was cheering for them to reunite.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote