View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 14:54   Link #242
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Agreed. Though there has been theories of Mr. 2 and Hancock joining the Straw Hats; Hancock would be a nice touch, with her thing for Luffy, as well as balancing out the gender disparity, but I just don't see it. She still has her country to take care of and her crew and people, etc., not to mention until further notice she's still a Shichibukai. Also, the trend seems that the people who join Luffy are not established former pirates/characters. It's always the first time he'll meet the person, and (s)he'll be a relatively unknown entity before he meets them, then he solves their problem, and forcibly convinces them to join his crew (with the exceptions of Brook, Usopp and Robin, who joined without hesitation). So I agree, I don't think it'll happen, but it'd be nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In addition to this, there's also the possibility that Hancock is stronger than Luffy. It's pretty much a rule/law that the captain is supposed to be the most powerful person in their pirate crew.
While all that is true. Oda is bringing a new era, like you (Lonewolf) had said on my page, Oda's theme is "times will change", Hancock is weaker than Luffy. The fact that shes obsessed with him is what makes her weaker than anything else. And on top of the "trend" of Luffy's new additions being unknowns, I highly doubt you'll come across "unknown" pirates in the New World. So any addition in the New World would be most likely a person that already has a bounty. On top of that, powerful additions to the crew wouldn't be a bad thing, the New World is filled with people "who power will only exceed our wildest imagination". Strong additions would probably be what can keep them in the game. By adding to their overall strength, because as its be hinted numerous times in the manga. The New World is nothing like the Grand Line. I think another testament to the strength and experience is that a lot of even seem to have been through and/or seen a Buster Call (based on the comment said in the chapter when the Vice-Admirals were lined up). So based on all that, I don't think Pirate Empress Boa Hancock joining the Strawhats would be that much of a bad idea (or out of the realm of possibility). And as we see with Whitebeard, just because Hancock is with the Strawhats doesn't mean she can't protect her country.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-08-09 at 15:12.