Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-25, 09:13   Link #6
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Definitely going to check this one out, hopefully Seven Arcs can give this the Sekirei treatment and not Nanoha StrikerS when it comes to animation.
Not Seven Arcs' call - they don't fund the project. Since this looks to me to be a King Records Project (the producer Mishima Akio is THE King guy who developes anime projects for King Records, including the Nanoha series), this will more than likely get the Nanoha treatment. But I doubt it's going to be a long project anyway, if it's 13 episode Seven Arcs should be able to hack it. Either way, I doubt King is looking to capitalise on the anime at all, looks like Mishima just picked something that can get his top singer idol Mizuki Nana more songs to sing and sell more CDs and fill those seats at concerts (White Album is a love triangle story involving idol singers, and Mizuki Nana plays the top idol in the show, and they even got Elements Garden to do the music whom are now primarily responsible for Mizuki Nana's songs, geez I wonder why). Aquaplus is definitely looking at the anime as a way to promote their PS3 port of the game (games are more profitable than anime now-a-days). Hirano Aya? Well she's just tagging along for the ride and maybe get her little chance at improving her music career. I'd say the likely hood of this anime being a throw-away is pretty high since the stakes all lies elsewhere.

Sekirei is funded by Aniplex FYI, which is a Sony company, they have much more cash to throw around compare to King. That explains the better production value in Sekirei.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2008-06-25 at 09:33.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote