Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-25, 20:38   Link #2073
Nikanoru

Hey guys. I registered here just because I can't stop obsessing over this anime and I needed someplace to talk about it.

Idunno, somehow this series has been on my mind more than any other I've seen recently. It's probably the ambiguous ending that did it, althought right from the start I was completely hooked and in awe of the atmosphere and music of what I thought, at first, was gonna be some random ecchi fanservice anime.

To be honest I wish they would have gone with a clear, straight up good end, instead of this copious hinting to an incredibly sad one. I think all the main points have been mentioned in this thread, but there's really not one single thing that really disproves the whole theory of they're making it all up to save Kozue from blaming herself. The part where they all go to visit the house really got me. Then again, the whole ending got me pretty hard.

Does anyone think Noa's arc was actually the best ending for Sora and Haru? I kinda prefer it, even if Noa's story wasn't the most engaging of the bunch. Sora seems at least happy having her issues with Noa resolved, and in this one they get to actually stay with all their friends, presumably. Something which makes the ending in Sora's arc sad for me no matter which theory you go with, because either way, they're leaving that beautiful village and their friends forever.

In the preview after the last ep of Noa's arc, Sora says something like "everything up until now was just Haru's indecisiveness, his real story is with me" or something. Is this actually canon, or is it just something Sora says because she wants it to be true?

Lastly, don't Kozue's last lines in the last ep strongly hint towards a possible extra story for her, in the future? "If feelings are all that matter, there's so much I'd like to do!" I thought that was a great and very emotional line by her.

Man I typed a lot. This anime...

Let's all hope for some kind of omake, ova and/or other extra material.
Nikanoru is offline   Reply With Quote