View Single Post
Old 2011-12-03, 14:45   Link #37
Kirarakim

Loved this episode but then I also love episode 19 and 20 (although I do think maybe the "fated one" thing with Shouma did come a little later in the scheme of the story).

Favorite scenes in this episode were definitely how the house & Himari's room came to look like that & the brother's fight (which was one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the series for me).

And I totally did not guess that the parents were dead. Although as others have pointed out the fact that the mother did not have a scar should have been a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
so kanba is disturbed and very tragic-i feel like he's so fixated on himari not ONLY because he loves her but he wants to save her because he couldn't save kenzan/chiemi (and also his biological father died as well).
Good observation and actually it makes me think that Kanba is supposed to be Giovanni & Himari is actually supposed to be the Campanella of the story. Although I still doubt it's a straight connection like that because I am not sure where that leaves Shouma.

It's Shouma in a way who created the "fake family" (okay he didn't bring Kanba in like he did Himari) but I feel while he was trying to create this happy family atmosphere for Himari's sake it was also for his sake as well. He lost both his brother and sister in this episode because he didn't fight & just gave up. He tried to stop Kanba but then he gave up and tried to send Himari away and he thinks it's his fault that things turned out this way. Just seeing him look at the photographs of them together really broke my heart. Shouma fight for your family! I am sure Ringo will be there to help. Perhaps she is already part of the family too.