View Single Post
Old 2011-12-20, 01:03   Link #1233
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
All that being said, I loved Episode 8... except for the ???, which I still can't really figure out how I feel about. I think the whole amnesia thing is forced and kinda unnecessary, but I'm willing to accept it. However, I don't really get the final scene at all. The whole part where he sees the Rokkenjima residents flashing before his eyes and the whole "I'm home" dialog. What was that all about? One or two ideas popped into my mind, from some kind of dying vision (ugh) to him truly becoming Battler again from seeing the dining hall (meh), but as you see, none of them sit well with me. What is everyone else's take on it? If it's already been discusses, anybody got a particular page number they can direct me to?
You know how it's implied that Rika Furude might have split into the happy Rika and Bernkastel, the witch?

Perhaps Toya and Battler are now separate people, and the latter is reunited with his loved ones in the Golden Land, to wait for Ange.

Quote:
As to that final vision, I'm going to believe that the female Hachijo was none other than Beatorice herself, and Battler finally recognizes her after seeing the portrait. After all, she IS a troublesome rich heir to a fortune! Living alone writing games would be a suitable pastime for her.
What about the whole Hachijou family, and how she doesn't seem to age? How did she beat Battler/Toya to the island and suddenly have a card and a house and servants and furniture and maybe even a cat?