View Single Post
Old 2013-07-02, 02:08   Link #7042
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm going to suggest you spend a few bucks and talk to a personal trainer who has nutrition experience/certification. If you're trying to add muscle, more protein is good. Do you need to spend all that money on protein powder? I'd wait until you've gotten your body fat ratio to where you want it. Let the muscle growth "eat" the fat, so to speak.
Naw, it's been there for awhile. My brother uses it once in awhile. He's a hardcore runner, but if anything I would say he needs carbs more than protein since he runs (half and full marathons) more than works out.

I am trying to add muscle, but just to look more lean and "lose" the fat around my belly, dem ol love handles . I don't want to be "buff", it just looks weird, especially if I ever got a buff lolz. Short azn dude with mad muscles looks weirdddd. I guess I wanna work out to the point where people can already tell that I workout. Some of my friends have noticed, but usually it's because I have bigger arms than usual due to years of tennis, but in terms of strength, I'm not that strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Last I'd heard the average American diet has way more protein than you'd need. So assuming you're not eating a diet that consists solely of lettuce and beans any of those protein shakes or protein bars is a waste. But that's from a nutritional standpoint; if consuming them makes you feel like you're able to push yourself farther or if it makes you more enthusiastic for your workouts then by all means go for it.
More like crapton of sodium too haha! My diet is er...okay I guess haha. It used to be way worse (tons and tons of fast food or going out last year) but ever since I started school and cut my work hours, I tend to eat homemade food and homemade sandwiches (typically PBJ). My typical post workout meal is a sandwhich: sourdough bread, pesto sauce, and mozzarella cheese with basil leaves and tomatoes + Gatorade.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote