3. Madara
4. Sarutobi
5. Minato
6. Obito
7. Nagato
8. Itachi
9. Jiraya
10. Kabuchimaru

Disregarding those that have yet to reach their prime of course (Naruto, Sasuke and so on). Also disregarding Edo versions of the characters.

However...the fact that Sarutobi was considered the strongest Hokage would mean he was stronger than Hashirama, but the series has progressed and we've seen ridiculous things so for the sake of argument (and because last time I put him up as the strongest people bitched and moaned about it) let's put him behind Madara and Hashirama...
Regardless of the developments, I would still put Sarutobi ahead of Hashirama. For the following reasons:

1) Even though Sarutobi looked miserable against Orochimaru compared to the current manga's power levels, Enma stated that Sarutobi had seriously declined in his age.

2) He is considered the strongest Hokage ever, even stronger than Hashirama in his prime. They literally called him the God of Shinobi.

3) Edo Tensei resurrects the dead shinobi as they were before their death. Both Tobirama and Hashirama died in their prime ages. So Sarutobi, in his old age, was able to fight Orochimaru and both the First and Second Hokage.

4) Hashirama beat Prime Madara fair and square. No gimmicks, no talk-no-jutsu. He whooped dat butt. Edo Madara =/ Prime Madara. Kabuto said it himself, he modified Edo Madara's body. Madara probably activated Rinnegan when he was old and decrepit in that dungeon cave. Had he activated it when he was younger and healthy, let's say even mid 40's, I doubt he would've just stayed in the cave. Jiraiya was quite a boss in his early 50's, so Madara probably activated it in his 90's or even 100's of age when it was useless to him.

5) The reason why crazy stuff is going on now with the Madara power up is because Madara is 'modified', edo with unlimited chakra and regeneration and the current kage's suck compared to the older generations. This happens when times of peace occur in the real world, fighting forces and combat capabilities decline. It even happened to Hanzo, who didn't train and succumbed to Pein as a result of it.

The proper list:
1) Sage of the Six Paths
2) Hiruzen Sarutobi
3) Hashirama Senju
4) Madara Uchiha
5) Minato Namikaze
6) Obito Uchiha
7) Itachi Uchiha
8) Nagato Uzumaki
9) Orochimaru
10) Jiraiya/Kabuto

Orochimaru, I believe was seriously crippled by the sealing the 3rd placed on him. Ranks 9-10 are difficult, but my top 8 I believe is accurate.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote