View Single Post
Old 2018-05-11, 18:47   Link #378
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Actually anime episodes are usually finished just a couple of days or even hours before airing so scheduling is usually incredibly tight. This is the norm even if there are some exceptions in the industry (KyoAni for example manages to have more leeway supposedly). While some studios are just known for consistently failing to finish episodes on time *ahem*SHAFT*ahem*

And honestly I think this might explain some of the lower quality CGI in the previous episodes. If they were rushing for time, saving on shading during that car chase sequence makes sense.
Ok, so if it's like that, what are they doing the whole time before a series actually premieres? In FMP IV's case, the first info we got about a new season was in autumn 2015. Sometime at the end of 2016 / beginning of 2017 they said the anime will air in autumn 2017. Then they changed that date to spring 2018 because, despite their efforts, they could not finish it in time.

And now, despite all that, they still haven't finished the episodes, and are actually retouching them just before airing? What in the world did they do all this time? I mean, yeah, they did that audio drama for DVMC, but I hardly think that's relevant, and while the announcement was made in 2015, the prolly started to work on the series far later, but still.

I must say, I don't know anything about anime-production, maybe if I did this would not seem so strange. But seeing that I don't, this is really, really confusing for me.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote