View Single Post
Old 2011-09-23, 09:27   Link #218
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder if Tsuzuki even posses the matiruty to write something like that and not kicking up the Force hatedom into new levels of wank.
A lot of the Force hate is either based on pure opinion, I've found. Not much an author can do about that.

Besides, its the western fandom that does that hating, Force is doing quite well in Japan.

Quote:
But magic isn't necessary just better skill at depicting scenes and distribute page-time i wonder why is this so difficult, Nanoha A's manga do it well, MOVIE 1st manga do it beautifully and even ViVid is better executed, it's not like Tsuzuki can't do it so, why he agreed in overstreching things so damn long? Where is the puspouse behind this?
I'm still wondering where is "overstretching" comes from, I've seen the accusation been thrown around before but I haven't really seen it. It's really little different from any other manga I've read.

Quote:
Fleshing a bit more the dynamic between the Tohma trio (too small developement for a part of the story with some good comedy-adventure potential), leaving Signum's defeat to a much more deserving opponent(or make Cypha a less "bitchy" villain i guess) or at least to someone actually important(like Curren, for example), and letting her close poeple to at least give a damn about her being near-killed. Spending no more than three chapters on the "Assault to the Huckship" part, no more than four on the "Tohma VS Nanoha" battle(letting Deville and Fate show more of their awesomeness ...and Cypha being a more effective villain and, orf course, let Nanoha BE Nanoha and fight Tohma like the sky expert we know and love). Showing Subaru actually punching someone in the face, Having rein helping Hayate and the Heimdall being justified as a threat by Curren dramatically destroying the thing whit some noticeable effort.
So you'd delay the advancing of the plot to flesh out the characters. Already you're stumbling around StrikerS' pitfalls here. Signum's defeat is purely your opinion, so I'll leave that alone.

Saying "I'll spend no more than X chapters on Y" is easy... but what would you cut? What would you change?