View Single Post
Old 2011-01-08, 18:55   Link #30
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But then people start thinking that because it's not drawn like something you'd see in KEY then it's not moe,that's why I don't like associating the two.
I'm not quite sure where these concerns are grounded. Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai aka Garden of sinners) is being featured in some of the moe tournaments, and uhm... Yeah I personally find that quite questionable.

The problem right now is that the term is thrown around at everything by the supposed people who know what "moe" is. IMO the broad use of the term has more to do so with the people involved in the moe community than it does with people berating shows for being moe because they have a cute girl here or there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
It doesn't need to have that artstyle to be a moe anime* (ex: Lucky Star, etc) and it can have that art style and not be a moe anime* (ex: I actually am drawing a blank, mostly due to the next sentence). But your statement is more of a generic statement toward the entire galge/eroge industry since they basically run on the idea of "moe" and that style of character designs. There are exceptions out there though.

*Used in the "proper" sense of the term.
Which is missing my point. First people think the term has become too broad, now they're saying that what they think I said is confining the term too much.

I think it is clear to me that people will never be satisfied with how the term is used, and they probably should discard it.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote