View Single Post
Old 2011-03-06, 08:57   Link #8
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by panos View Post
I think the definition of ntr is lacking sth the opening post mentioned.I can't find the exact definition in wikipedia and sometimes ntr is confused with infidelity,cheating etc.I can't say for sure that a manga has a ntr element but in hentai,a hentai is labeled as ntr when the antagonist steals the female.I know,because i avoid them at all costs.But usually there is a good relationship with the protagonist and the female,like couple or very close friends.

Onani master Kurosawa in that occasion is definitely not a ntr :The guy has practically talked a few times with the girl he likes on the library.Because it's his first time someone has shown interest on him he thinks she likes him until he learns that she likes another guy on his class.

Yuutai Nova The guy hasn't even talked to his ex girlfriend for years and by doing astral projection he finds that she is sleeping with another guy who is an ass.Big deal what did you expect to be a loser like the protagonist who thinks about his ex for years?He sees the act which is a prerequisite that the opening post mentioned,but he has no relationship whatsoever with his ex(he hasn't talked for so many years that they are practically strangers)

Suzuka Ok now you are being ridiculous.If every manga that has a love triangle would be considered ntr then we would be full of them

Some of the above like Chigusa x Pon are true ntr(that's why i don't read them) and some have a ntr element like Good Ending and Knim.If good ending had ended as a series when you mentioned the spoiler,it would be a pure ntr.

Oh,i remembered another one with cheating Nozoki Ana,but it's as ntr as Good Ending,practically meaning you can't label it as ntr.

Seiryuu you know what i search?A ntr that the protagonist snaps and kills the bitch.
OK, wouldn't go so far as he KILLS her. But one of the potential "redemptions" has the guy snap and punish the girl, or finds some way to take her back whether she likes it or not, or he finds a way to take the other guy out of the picture permanently. That's sort of the first reaction for a lot of people when they read something and find out that it's netorare.
Another, better redemption is rebound, like mentioned in Macross; in some cases a different girl is in love with the boy and this turns into an opportunity for her.

What I really like is stuff where he still manages to get the girl back, whatever their relationship had been before. In some, like Momoiro Peanuts, the relationship with the other guy disintegrates and ultimately the girl either falls for the first guy for real or realizes that she'd always loved him. In others, either the girl ends up in a bad situation because of her new boy and the hero literally saves her, or the hero just continues to be a good guy or tries to be a better guy and gradually wins his girl's heart back.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote