View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 17:25   Link #338
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Be carefull with that; we both are canadian and we don't have the same feeling toward our constitution than the american have with their, that something than you should keep in mind.
Funny. There are Americans who would metaphorically wipe their butt with the Fifth Amendment in many cases (some of them not revealed to the public), so I have no issues with showing the same level of "respect" towards the Second Amendment.

Too many people have died because of that god-forsaken Amendment and the NRA taking the piss only a few days after Columbine in 1999 was the last straw on what I think about firearms running free in any civilian population.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Perhaps that is a bigger part of the problem then you realise. The Americans seem to find it convenient to forget that the Constitution is hundreds of years old, written in an era of Tyranny and bloodshed.

This hundreds of years old piece of paper has made it very easy for gun enthusiasts and the NRA to paint Freedom and being armed to the teeth as the same thing. You can't have one without the other apparently.

You'll forgive me if I call bullshit.
Indeed. There are things in that Constitution which should just be thrown out of the window because the reality has irreversibly changed since 1776.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote