View Single Post
Old 2006-02-28, 13:10   Link #18
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
I would've expected puppets would be an advantage against a Sharingan user because they wouldn't be able to read the tenseness of the muscles and minor movements etc because there are none. They'd still have very fast reactions but they wouldn't retain the ability to read the puppets movements close enough to see into the future so to speak. Not to mention their immunity to Genjutsu, I think a puppet user on the same level as Itachi would give him a very hard to time. It just comes down to; is Sasori on the same level as Itachi?
The sharingan user won't be reading the movements of the puppets. He would be reading the moves of the puppeteer from seeing the chakra flows leading back to them. It is similiar to how Shikimaru read the movements of the sound girl ghosts from the flute but not quite. A master sharingan user at Itachi (or even Kakashi level) will ignore the puppets all together and charge in straight for the source since puppeteers by default is weak in close range combat.

Quote:
But with what you said I don't see anyone that could stand up to Itachi^^
From what we have seen, not many can. They would either have to be literally faster than him by far (like the 4th) or is really strong in all areas of jutsus to fight him equally; ignoring genjutsus kind of since the Sharingan can see through all of them. Having wide destructive jutsus like Jiraiya or Deidara would also be an advantage over Itachi since even with the sharingan, it would be hard to avoid attacks that can take out entire villages and countries..