View Single Post
Old 2010-03-02, 00:28   Link #987
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I thought Fairy Tail is quite popular in Japan too. I can definitely see this go past 50+ episodes. The better animation is also an indication of its increasing popularity. Not sure about 100+ episodes though.... unless the manga + anime gain even more popularity, perhaps not necessarily as attractive as Naruto, but at least as popular as REBORN?
Fairy Tail is usually averaging +3.5 - +4.0 ratings wise which is good, and averaging top 15 in ratings (just behind Naruto). Hard to to tell if they're using the extra money on animation or just trying to keep certain voice actors around, but they do have Yousuke Kabashima for AD on episode 21. Which is pretty good, he was AD for Saki (episode 19), and worked on some other pretty good stuff, so expecting it to be better than usuall, but still not outstanding. I'm waiting to see AD and staff for the next four ep., since I'm thinking we'll get to the end of the arc around ep. 26, so I'm hoping someone spectacular to do a certain BIG fight. If they screw that up, I'm... well... done. They might as well punch me in the face, because that's just sad. There will never be another FT anime adaption, so I just don't want them to mess up one of the most important/epic arcs in FT.

Episode 20 was one of the first times that actually lived up to the manga and my expectations (in my opinion). If the anime runs short, I would be glad they at least got that omake in. It was very heart warming and sad at the same time (well if you read the manga). In the end this has to be one of my few fav. episodes, just behind 15. Hoping animation picks up next week, we'll see.
FreezeTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote