View Single Post
Old 2011-09-24, 04:24   Link #59
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And boy, Yuri was so... I dunno the word... Gar? Closest thing I can think of (but don't quite fit), but man, she was so cool when she said "Fine, take Tabuki away. But are you gonna be happy with that?" or something like that. Absolute conviction in her words, even when her fiancee was blabbering about cheating on her on the other side of the door. Awesome.
Yuri has been like that the entire series. Have we forgotten her great speech to Ringo concerning Ringo's curry?

I'm not sure how to take Yuri. She's really just too perfect. Rich, beautiful, supremely self-confident, razor-sharp awareness of what's going on between the people around her while maintaining a sense of decorum about it all, even as she calmly states obvious truths to our protagonists in ways that could be considered kind as she always does it privately (speech to Ringo this episode, speech to Ringo about Ringo's curry and how she doesn't stand a chance in the war for Tabuki's heart, speech to Sho about Sho and Ringo after Sho gave Ringo CPR). You just know behind all this perfection, she must be hiding some evil master plan.

I'm not sure I buy the theory of Yuri being the motorcycle girl. While I have no doubts Yuri would get her hands dirty, so to speak, if she felt it was needed (and without any hesitation), I also think she's the type of person who simply doesn't let things reach a point where she has to get her hands dirty in the first place as that type of failure would be beneath her , and I don't see any reason why she'd have been desperate enough to ride a motorcycle and try to rip the diary away from Ringo, even assuming she cares about the diary at all.

Oh, and since she'd just returned home (to a drugged Tabuki), the timing just doesn't seem to work anyways.

Plus, I've long thought it was Yuri on the other end of the phone with Kanba's stalker. Not that there's any evidence for this, but just because I wouldn't be surprised if a mysterious voice we've yet to hear ends up being someone we've seen already throughout the show. Though I suppose Tabuki could easily fit this bill as well. I'm betting there's a tvtrope for all the seemingly innocuous pretty men who wear glasses in anime. I suppose we'll have to see if Tabuki is yet another bespectacled man who plays it out.