Thread: A Laugh A Day
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 20:05   Link #24576
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
In my state, you need a diploma or GED to get into community college. If you want a degree, anyway.
GED is what you receive at a community college...we are in different states so I guess it's different, but I find it hard to believe you need a HS diploma to get an associates degree at any community college. College credit is different than high school credit. You go to college to do your GED aka General Education so you can get an AA or specialized associates degree. It wouldn't make sense for high school courses to affect one's life long academic career choices as high school pertains to pre-adulthood (aside from AP and BA courses offered at high schools).

Those community colleges will be singling out people that never did good in high school, but are doing awesome later in their life and bars them from getting an associates degree. Community colleges should be and are open to the community, regardless of academic mistakes. Again, we are different states so I may be completely wrong haha.

ON TOPIC
So I my post isn't a waste/completely off topic xD
I guess this would be virtual party of the movie Project X haha

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote