View Single Post
Old 2010-06-14, 09:56   Link #62
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Why does qualifying from a movie mean that? Yuki might be able to get in via Haruhi second season as well, but that season certainly isn't what will boost her; it's the movie.

The only question is whether most of the Japanese Saimoe voters have watched the movie in theaters, or are waiting for BD and DvD release.
Mainly because I think that the reairng of Haruhi Suzumiya at the very least built more hype for the movie than any other advertising campaign. Plus a second season, despite the poor reception, at least gives the fans more material than just a movie.

On Mio losing the first round last year: I actually think that Mio, together with Ui and Sawako, was deliberately sacrificed by the K-On faction of ward off hate votes on Yui and Asuza. And it worked I think, with despite Yui being to open to assassination by the HnG faction during her Rika match or by the Saki faction, as well vengeful Hina voters, during her match with Minori it didn't happen. Even Asuza lost to the the eventual champ.

Regarding tulip-tv Angel Beats polls: I would take the results of that poll with a huge grain of salt. Way way too high numbers to be taken seriously. Not to mention that TK already had 10k something vote by the second episode, if memory serves. (IMO someone is doing to them what 4chan did to the Time polls).