View Single Post
Old 2010-10-14, 13:47   Link #80
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
This. This right here is exactly right. Haruka is looking for someone who is sweet and entirely subservient to her. I cannot stress enough how critical it is to see that Haruka and Junichi only get closer as Junichi submits himself to her more and more, which is NOT how a relationship works if it's going to be healthy.

So why is it that I see a frighteningly broken, clingy, borderline sociopathic manipulator where others see a 'carefree', 'cheerful' girl?.
This is why I felt the least genuine relationship in the series was with Haruka. I have a female friend who treated guys in the same manner and I warned her numerous times that if she does not stop playing these childish games, she'll continue to lose great partners. She believed it was cute to place unreasonable restrictions so she can see how much the guy cared for her. In response I told her most guys will not have the patience nor lack of dignity to continue playing that game. Fast forward to the present and she is single, older, and has trouble finding a quality guy like the ones she met before.

There are subservient/submissive relationships that can actually be healthy, but only if the other partner desires that type of treatment, knows what to expect, and can emotionally/psychologically handle the "games." Whether Junichi is that type of guy, I suppose that is up to a person's opinion.