View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 05:17   Link #2592
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I wouldn't call it retconning, it's just a setting where any legendary being has the potential to be summoned to earth as a Heretic God.

The Boar has the most distinct personality for sure, out of all the summons.

The name Alec is derived from Alexander after all. So it's valid at least, just not the most natural and common short form. And I believe when approximated in Japanese, the spelling of Alec is shorter than Alex.

It's not a race, you know, the more translators the better.
Alex and Alec are interchangeable. Back when I was in Secondary College, there's an Alexander called Alec. Other than that, Alec is the Scottish form of Alex, and it's well known that in some languages Alexander is known as Aleksander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
It's not a retcon. A "god" in this series is merely a myth given form, so mythical heroes are fair game too. Plus its true that their stories sometimes inspired the creation of gods in other countries, which would reinforce the whole image.
It is retconning. By saying that their stories were false, which they did every time they retcon things in D.C., the author is already retconning by altering the established facts. In which tale did you hear that Siegfried, King Arthur and Lancelot were gods?The author specifically, whenever he chose a hero as a god in this series, actually alter their tales to link them to an existing god or somehow establish that they were gods all along--something which wasn't actually acknowledge by authors. I am just saying that since these characters are heroes, not gods in the real world, then yes, heroes are also featured in this series.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-08-06 at 05:40.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote