View Single Post
Old 2008-09-24, 22:47   Link #16
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
So let's actually say something about Zwei 2! Been playing it for quite a few hours today, even though I only really intended to do so briefly then get back to my SC replay.

Anyway, it's pretty fun so far. The artstyle is nice and colourful, and while its widescreen seems to be stretched it doesn't stretch too badly, so I'm playing my monitor's native 1280x800. They seem to have gone to some effort to try and give everyone in the world some personality too like in Gurumin - there are 2 main towns so far and everyone has loads of lines of dialogue, and at least 3 main pieces of information about them that're recorded in your character chart. Ragna's a pretty likeable guy, with plenty of fighting spirit and not a trace of any kind of angst. Arwen is... well, she's your typical sheltered princess with a little bit of dere. She's not really tsundere though. The food system is back from Zwei 1, which really does encourage you to conserve your food as much as possible - I'm not entirely sold on it yet, but I quite like it - HP is precious because you want to avoid recovering it, and likewise you don't get overlevelled too fast. I was trying to see how long I could last on level 1 but only got to just before the first major boss Oh, and the music is up to standard on the whole. There are a few weak tracks, including unexpectedly the major boss theme. The vast majority at least fit as they should, with quite a few standing out. I really like the mini boss theme (lol the sign outside where the first mini boss is "If you're L1, you'll die in a few seconds. Really!") for example, and the underwater palace area one, and the ones that play when Ragna gets attacked at the beginning (激情に駆られて especially). I'm deliberately trying not to listen to any that haven't played yet though, so I can't comment on anything past the middle of the second set of areas.

So yeah, while it'll hardly sate my urge for Legend of Heroes 7, this game looks like it'll be a worthy addition to the collection and I look forward to playing it more.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote