Thread: Licensed Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-21, 02:40   Link #1037
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Um, "Abuse" is only scene in the one comic scene in the first ep that was it. She may seem neglectful but if you pay attention she actually does do some things right but masks it in her hyperactive demeanor. Off the top of my head...
Spoiler for meme:
Yeah I agree with you about Meme. Furthermore, its far too early to judge Meme's parenting based on what happened so far and we have yet to hear her side of the story properly. Some people are making hasty conclusions already, however, place yourselves in Meme's shoes for awhile. Imagine being a single parent mother and having her only daughter disappear with no clues whatsoever on where she is for about 6-12 months (I forgot exactly how long Erio was missing, can someone confirm this please).

Well as a mother Meme was probably devastated during the duration that Erio was missing. Overall, she doesn't seem like a heartless parent, on the contrary she seems to be perceptive and understanding of Erio's logic more so than Makoto. For instance, Erio's reason for not wanting to attend school again and working instead.

P.S. It does seem like Meme is skillfully avoiding the topic of what happened to her during Erio's abrupt absence whenever Makoto tries bring it up.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote