View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 17:23   Link #2222
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
One thing I'll never understand when it comes to comparisons between SAO and AW in retrospectives is why Accel World gets lambasted for having a weaker second half (god forbid if that's it's greatest shortcoming) than the first while Sword Art Online more or less gets away with having some extremely weak and poorly fit in side story based episodes strewn throughout it's run so far and yet it's this amazing, masterful and sharply adapted anime and it's issues are just conveniently overlooked for the most part by pundits. Not trying to hate on SAO here but to me it's problems as an anime adaptation are way more glaring and problematic to my enjoyment of it than AW's yet AW's comparatively meagre shortcomings get held against it that much more wherever I go.

Honestly the biggest issue with the Noumi arc is that it spans 2 novels and is drawn out in comparison to the prior two which lasted one novel a piece. It's unfortunate that the manner in which they were adapting the show had to result in the Noumi arc taking up the entire second cour.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-10-02 at 17:42.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote