View Single Post
Old 2010-12-21, 03:23   Link #148
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Though unlike you, I didn't come to the conclusion that Kyousuke's happy now because he's accepted Kirino's tsundere behaviour per se. Like Triple_R notes, I think he'd be happier to have more of the dere and less of the tsun behaviour, but one key thing is that Kyousuke knows that Kirino's not indifferent to him.
Well, I'm not necessarily going to argue that it wouldn't make him happier (I suppose it might), but I think the understanding of the reason behind Kirino's tsun behaviour (that she does care about him after all) is the most important point. Further "progress" may be nice-to-have (and a goal he might work towards), but he has a foundation to build upon.

But incidentally, I do agree with your point that we can't really draw too many conclusions about the message of this show given that this is an alternate/cut-off and original ending. I think it does tell a story when you add it all up, but much like the games this is modeled after, the story here isn't necessarily the main thing the author was trying to build towards all this time. It's "an End", but not "The End".