View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 00:21   Link #99
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh, I completely agree - I was just pointing out that for all the claims of "DURR HURR US ARE BAD GUYS", the Americans are being quite pragmatic. Note that most of the Americans encountered in the game tend to be upstanding, decent people, particularly Al Walker, who shits freedom and bald eagles.

Also, the US is incredibly involved all over the world, it's just that there's so much BETA, what good they can do is quickly swallowed up. Heck, look at TE ep 2: Kyoto is falling, the final defensive line is broken, the IJN is resorting to naval gunfire missions danger close, practically on top of the few Japanese forces that aren't eaten up, the situation is obviously hopeless... and then the Theodore Roosevelt launches her Tomcats to do whatever they can, because they're allies, and that's what allies do.

"Their devotion to duty is admirable," murmurs the IJN Admiral, even though he knows it's all pointless.

All things considered, as a whole, Muv-Luv has one of the kinder portrayals of Americans: pragmatists who will shoot the dog if they have to - but at the same time, decent people who try their best to do the right thing.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote