View Single Post
Old 2011-09-17, 01:53   Link #31
Westlo
Lets be reality

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...h-the-envelope

Quote:
Speaking to Eurogamer backstage at Tokyo Game Show today, Hayashi argued that though the likes of Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 looked spectacular, they hadn't offered fight fans anything new in terms of gameplay.

"Of course there have been some great fighting games that have come out and the genre has really exploded in the years since Dead or Alive 4," he said.

"But when we were looking at those games we felt that there was something missing. They definitely looked great and they played well, but they were still the same sort of fighting game from 10 years ago.

"When we were looking at what to do with Dead or Alive, we want to make sure it provides something else, something different and moves the genre forward. It's not going backwards, it's trying to push the envelope for fighting games."

Hayashi didn't offer much in the way of concrete details on how the game, which is due out some time next year, intends to reinvent the wheel, but suggested we can expect a greater focus on the series' trademark destructive environmental events.

"We wanted to bring that into the modern gameplay and update that into modern action elements. Now you're able to focus on different ares of where you want to launch your opponent and we have several different sorts of dynamic attractions in the stage so that players can enjoy that sort of aspect even more."

Also I think DOA will be fine with reviewers... aside from the fanserview games it has always rated well... it's mainly hardcore fighting game fans who hate the series...

Metacritic scores...

Dead or Alive - 84
Dead or Alive Ultimate - 83
Dead or Alive 3 - 87
Dead or Alive 4 - 84
Dead or Alive Dimensions - 79

Gamerankings

Dead or Alive - 83.92%
Dead or Alive 2 - 91.37%
Dead or Alive Ultimate - 84.46%
Dead or Alive 3 - 86.18%
Dead or Alive 4 - 85.42%
Dead or Alive Dimensions - 82.22%

Considering the top notch (oh wait I mean minimum expected) graphics and that this is now a fighting entertainment game with increased interactivity with the background I can't see this ranking worst than them.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-17 at 14:19. Reason: Quote removed.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote