Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 17:14   Link #1288
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I know, but I always figured Inaba was the more rational, level headed type. But with each new episode that image is slowly changing.

Would I be correct in assuming that some of her self-loathing steams from her trust issues and how that's one part of herself she doesn't like?
It's the other way around.

Inaba's trust problem stems from self-loathing. She regards herself as flawed and pathetic, and utterly unworthy to be trusted or loved. She thinks it's her nature to doubt people because she is despicable to begin, her "true self", one that she fears people would find out. With that sort of self esteem, how would she trust others when she can't even accept or trust herself? Also, do remember that even though she instinctively distrust others, her rationality still enables her to trust people because she genuinely wants to believe in them. However, she'd never believe in herself, not the slightest.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that we can argue all day long about which issues stems form which, so I'd rather treat them as two separate, equally weighted traits that complements each other. It makes the logic a lot simpler to understand.

Also note that "trust issue" would only be a correct description if you include Inaba herself in it. I find many arguments calling her out for "not-trusting-others-problem", which in my opinion, is less than half of the whole picture and gives off a false impression of her as a haughty, self-centered prick. Truth is, she's not. She's always placing others before herself. So you're entirely correct that she's pretty much Taichi 2.0 but in a more passive sense.

Lastly, since you brought up Inaba being the level-headed rational type, I kinda want to throw it out there that, being rational allows her to think about things in many different perspectives, good and bad. Here's the problem: Having a negative self esteem and emotionally sensitives, she easily starts seeing the negatives a lot more than the positives. Uh-oh. She gets herself stuck in a loop with negative outcomes.

Generally speaking, Inaba is cool and rational by nature but emotionally sensitive (further amplified by being a normal teenager), which resulted in her irrational self loathing and fear of hurting others, as well as instinctive second thoughts about believing in others.

She's absolutely shameless about her erotic secrets though, I might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There are just too many very good but R-18 pictures of Inaban.....
I blame "human nature". Oh wait... now I sound exactly like Inaban *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Any links would be much appreciated
I'm sure you'd find snippets of them floating around in any one of those booru sites. I mean... they get uploaded sooner than any other ones... *facepalm*

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-14 at 18:16.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote