View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 02:28   Link #1571
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Thanks for the translation of volume 3. Though I felt like there wasn't much of a cliffhanger feeling in the last chapter. Stuff did happen but it didn't feel much of a closing for a volume, it just kinda ended abruptly on that part. It was the same with volume 1. Well whatever, just my two cents on this.

I have a few questions about Tatsuya and his abilities:
Spoiler for Tatsuya:
Cheers!
Gram dispersion:

Gram dispersion is essentially "decoding" and dispersing the psion used in the "body" of magic, which is the magic construct. By nature, the magic construct is used to alter the information of a targeted body and thus must expose its information without any interruption. Normal magicians are not capable of this as it requires the ability to read, understand, and break the construct all in a matter of 0.x seconds. (modern magic is cast in 0.x seconds present day); In an experiment setting where the magic is known beforehand, this is possible to use, but it is generally accepted that it is impossible in actual combat.

Gram demolition:

I believe gram demolition is the disintegration of a spell through sheer psion output. A dense mass of psion burst blows away all spell constructs through brute force essentially. The amount of psion a magician has to have to use it repeatedly is huge and not something the average nor the above average magician are capable of. If Mayumi's psion bullets were the equivalent to a sniper rifle, then Tatsuya's gram demolition would be compared to an artillery barrage.

both of these are known as the strongest non-system based counter magic

flash cast is acquired after the experiment done on him by the yotsuba. He is able to alter eidos (use real magic) and instantly cast any spell that are 5 steps or lower. He can skip the process of using a CAD and creating an activation sequence and instead be able to memorize the spell. Though the processing speed of the processor in his head is inferior to his natural processing speed, the experiment can be considered half a sucess.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-16 at 21:51.