View Single Post
Old 2011-05-03, 04:37   Link #1149
FreedmAngl

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Actually, IS Academy is a research facility where scientists test their latest toy, so there are potentially abuses. For example, Laura's IS had the Valkyrie system installed, but the author decided not to go into depth investigating the issue. Anyway, what do you mean by IS citizenship? Do you mean the representative candidacy? And about exploiting Ichika's status as a man, I doubt that he needs IS academy permission to undergo black ops operations. He'd be just like Kamijou Touma, doing all sorts of work without actually officially siding with anyone. I would also like to see more organisations in the future. Phantom Corps is involved in some world conspiracy, but so far that's only just one organisation. I really found it disbelieving that organisations don't secretly deploy their IS in black-ops operation. Ichika still does not have an organisation that endorses him, so it would be brilliant if there's an organisation ,that opposes the phantom corps, that supports him. From what I can see, I doubt that the Japanese Government will never support him apart from giving a personalised IS--they were probably coerced by Tabane to do it in the first place. In addition, the author rarely expands on the lore of the world of IS, which is supposed to be mandatory, given this is a sci-fi.There's a great degree of world-wide politics in the world of IS,but he has added relatively few information regarding the way how the world revolves, something that is an enormous contrast to Toaru majutsu no Index. When there are multiple countries involved, you genuinely believe that there's probably going to be all sorts of plots against other countries, bickerings, threats of war, conspiracies. None of that however, ever materialised--I just think that this is the largest let down. No country seemed to want to abduct Ichika and make them their lab rat. If vol. eight does not change for the better, IS is out of my attention. For now, the pattern of this story is always harem bickering, then a random fight at the start of a tournament. They have never even bothered explaining why they consistently attacked Ichika and his harem. It's just so pointless. What could they possibly achieve by attacking a group of students?Furthermore, should security be increased dramatically since the Academy is always attacked? There are just so many plot holes in this series.There just aren't any unusual situations in the light novels.In the past, I have always defended the series, but now, I can no longer tolerance this, I'm at my limits.
i am too if the author makes another book with the same crappy formula of attacking b4 a toruney then i'll drop wanting to read IS
FreedmAngl is offline   Reply With Quote