View Single Post
Old 2006-04-27, 23:43   Link #6
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I've got to admit that I'm a bit curious too, but mostly to see how it connects with the new generation and how it "bridges the gap". Thankfully, it looks like the two timelines will have to be connected, at least to a certain degree - from the character map alone, there are just way too many connections to go unexplained. That being said, I don't really expect that the new game will spend much time dwelling on the older characters, except to show how it impacts the current crew; if they spend too much time talking about the past, they'll undermind the new characters. Well, and besides, I was surprised how quickly I warmed up to the new characters in the demo. So, anyway, I'm just hoping the new game is able to keep the same tone, and flavour as the original, and they seem off to a good start.
I'm pretty sure it'll do that, if not better. Everyone seems interesting and there are far more connections than before. It'd be nice to see more of other characters once you're in someone's route (that will most certainly happen). They don't necessarily have to cream over Yoshiyuki in other paths either when they're being used as supporting characters either (depending on their role, of course, love triangles are interesting but friendship and support are always nice themes too); Alice's route in DCPC comes to my mind as one of the paths that did best in that sense. After all, not everyone is throwing themselves at Jyunichi at the start, but you have to pursue the girls to fall in love with Jyunichi, except for a few who loved him from the very beginning, like the obvious Nemu and Sakura, and probably Mako, Miharu and Tamaki. But yep, I'm expecting more interaction. It's not all that necessary if it doesn't happen though - look just how good DCPC was without having much of that. As long as the stories and the characters have the same feel and flavour they had in DCPC, or even if it's somewhat different but they keep the quality, it's gonna be a great game.

As for the old characters - I think all or at least most of them will be referenced, so we'd probably know what became of them. I also believe they might be used for character and/or plot development in their corresponding descendant's path, either in a passive (this happened in the past or grandma always used to tell/tells me, so I...etc.) or active (cameo, talk to the descendant in question, etc.) way.

But well, who knows. We'd find out with time.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-04-27 at 23:54.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote