Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-07, 22:27   Link #3509
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Don't feed the troll, guys. It's not like we haven't gone through his extremist views before. Genocide slaughter yadda yadda. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Out of curiosity, what would it take to get an "A" out of you? Jesus rises again and declares the United States a great place, thanks to Obama?
That's an F (U) from the Atheist crowd!

Meanwhile, in related news involving the magicks of the Messiah's Administration, BBC claims that...

Quote:
US loses fewer jobs than expected

The US economy lost 247,000 jobs in July, far fewer than analysts had expected, official figures show.

With fewer workers being laid off, the unemployment rate fell to 9.4%, down from 9.5% in the previous month, the first drop since April 2008.

The unexpected drop is likely to fuel hopes that an economic recovery is gaining ground.

US President Barack Obama said the jobless numbers showed that "the worst [of the recession] may be behind us".

"[But] we have a lot further to go. As far as I'm concerned, we will not have a true recovery until we stop losing jobs," he added, echoing comments made last week.

Since the recession began in December 2007, about 6.7 million jobs have been lost, the Department of Labour said.
The president also stressed that economic meltdown had been avoided.

"We are losing jobs at less than half the rate we were when I took office. We have pulled the financial system back from the brink.

"While we have rescued our economy from catastrophe, we have also begun to build a new foundation for growth."

Analysts had expected non-farm payrolls to drop by 320,000 in July and the unemployment rate to rise to 9.6%.
Source.

Not sure how much is up to Obama and how much is up to the natural business cycle, the article only vaguely says "analysts" (who?) attribute it (how?) to the stimulus package (hmm); but since we're going to blame everything on The One anyway, let's put all the good with the bad. Fairer that way I think.