View Single Post
Old 2011-12-14, 18:50   Link #26355
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
You're imposing your moral values on him... with the problem he doesn't even know your opinion. He lives in a world where what he does is right.
We can disagree but it's a matter of mentality and moral values and we can't force them on him.
IMPOSING and JUDGING are too different things. I am JUDGING Battler. Battler is IMPOSING on Ange and trying to force her to go with what he wants. Nothing I can judge about Battler will effect his actions or his destiny in any way.

Quote:
If the truth weren't something bad then the whole 'we aren't telling Ange the truth because it would hurt her' would fall.
If Ange's parents did nothing wrong and the murder was person X there's no reason to shield Ange from this.
In this case I would agree that keeping silent on the matter hurt Ange more than it was worth and that she deserved to know the truth as soon as possible.
There's a middle ground. What if Maria helped Rosa commit murders, for instance?

Quote:
Well, technically she could have moved on anyway. She could have accepted it had been an incident.
Well DUH, but that's not consistent with Ange's personality. TECNICALLY Ange can choose not to kill herself no matter what the truth is, so if we're going this route, the whole "Let's protect Ange" argument is bullshit.

Quote:
Well, it could be that Kinzo really was a good grandfather and Eva loved her (prior to losing her son and husband and so on).
I seem to remember though he confirmed to her the scenery was a fantasy one because SHE COULDN'T BE ON ROKKENJIMA WITH THEM so this should imply that the scene they were seeing wasn't EXACTLY as things went... unless Ange really went on R Prime and somehow escaped from it (let's say with Eva) and she was the one who got amnesy about it? And everyone kept her in the dark about how she was there?
You are ridiculously nitpicky. Aside from Ange's presence, Battler was claiming that this was otherwise the truth. That everyone was behaving exactly as they would have in reality. It doesn't matter how close to the truth this might be, it was a deception.

Quote:
If in his world Ange is viewed as a kid regardless of the fact she's 18 it doesn't really matter she's 18.
Then Battler has no right to be deciding things for Ange because he's too far removed from her current world to know what's best for her.

Quote:
He can't know he should consider Ange as an adult because in his world she's not as such. This is not personal emotional comfort is his world mentality and, while we can disagree, I fear there are low chances he might see something wrong in it.
Yes, he can. He MET Ange when she was 18. He knows she's not six and should be able to acknowledge it.

Quote:
The fact that Ange doesn't recognize either of them as a parental figure doesn't allow them to say 'oh well, Ange, then do as you please, we don't care'.
Yes it does, technically. If we're going to go for the legal argument you love so much, people in Japan can file for legal independence at 13 and GET IT. There's a reason countless anime characters live alone without being called out on it.