View Single Post
Old 2004-01-21, 04:32   Link #29
RobotCarnival
Headless Beast

YES! I love AMVs, especialy since a good AMV can easily outdo a lot of the crap on MTV nowadays. I have about 2gb of AMVs; all of them are good, but a few reach that level of sublime...

[AMV] Blood - White Zombie - More Human Than Human (Meet Babmi In The King's Harem Mix)
What a way to start this list! Unrelenting and violent, it manages to capture the dark savagery of Blood: The Last Vampire perfectly (just beware of some big spoilers).

[AMV] Boogiepop Phantom - Marilyn Manson - Cleansing (Resident Evil Soundtrack)
"Butterflies are random thoughts people have; They live, They die, They are pointless." - Jonathan Watson

If you've ever seen that in someone's sig, it probably came from the opening to this AMV. Using the theme of those creepy glowing butterflies and a wordless instrumental track, even the physical brutality of the Blood AMV is overshadowed by an even darker ambience of despair and hopelessness, reminding us all that when we get to Hell we may finds ourselves greeted not with fire, but with cold.

[AMV] Cowboy Bebop - Jim's Big Ego - Stress
"But what about the sharks!? WHAT ABOUT THE SHARKS!?"

Already listed, but well deserving of another mention. For maximum enjoyment please consume at least TWO cups of coffee before viewing, though more coffee is better coffee.

[AMV] Cowboy Bebop - Various - Failed Attempts At Video Editing
Funny as hell spoof on the frustrations of AMV production, and something I think most people can identify with. A must see.

[AMV] Cowboy BeBop - Weird Al - Living in the Fridge
It scares me how well this song works here. The episode used is Toys in The Attic (a parody of the "Aliens" movie genre), the track is a Weird Al parody of Aerosmith's song Livin' on The Edge (and yes, Aerosmith does have a song entitled Toys in The Attic )

[AMV] Cowboy Bebop & Outlaw Star - Rancid - Maxwell Murder
A great Bebop/Outlaw Star crossover video. If you watched this AMV before seeing either series, you'd think the characters all came from the same anime.

[AMV] Final Fantasy - Offspring - Staring at the Sun
Using clips from various FF game cinemas, it works as a great tribute to the heroes and viliains of the Final Fantasy universe.

[AMV] FLCL - Lords of Acid - Deep Sexy Space
One of THE best. I saw this one before the series itself, and it spoiled me. Not the story mind you, as FLCL is pretty much "spoil proof", but rather the music. I think I expected the FLCL soundtrack to be this good, and was sorely dissapointed when I had a chance to actually listen to it. The Pillows just don't quite measure up to Lords of Acid.

[AMV] Golden Boy - Blumchen - Bicycle Race
Really fun video, with a great song you'll keep humming for days

[AMV] Gundam 08MS Team - Nightwish - Tenth Man Down
Awesome anti-war piece, it's won a few awards if I'm not mistaken

[AMV] Gundam Wing - Laziest Men On Mars - All Your Base
Somehow I don't think this is what JRR and company had in mind... but a great action video nonetheless.

[AMV] Hayao Miyazaki - Loreena Mckennet - Memories Dance
Hauntingly beautiful tribute to the work of Hayao Miyazaki, a man who is arguably the most talented person working in the anime industry today.

[AMV] Lain - Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
It's all about those freaky children...

[AMV] Naruto - Sifl & Olly - Ninja of The Night
Eschewing the usual angst you'd expect to see from a Naruto video, this one goes for pure comedy.

[AMV] Tenchi GXP - Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow
Alright, this one is more of a personal like for me. I love the track and like GXP, and think they work well together, but of course your mileage may very

[AMV] Tenchi Muyo - Weird Al - Pretty Fly For A Rabbi
Just too funny, and a classic.

[AMV] Trigun - Moby - That's When I Reach For My Revolver
Okay, this one is a problem. The only version I've seen so far doesn't seem to be encoded right (video skips horribly), or is a work in progress. So, why list it? It's still a favorite because the song just fits Vash, and could be an anthem to the Trigun series.

[AMV] Various - Beastie Boys - Girls
Good sexist fun! Now if only someone would do an AMV using I like Goils by Type O Negative...

[AMV] Various - Julie Brown - Cause I'm A Blonde
Again, this one is CLASSIC.

[AMV] Various - Smashing Pumpkins - With Every Light
Very touching. Using clips from series like Grave of the Fireflies and Wings of Honneamise, the song itself is more positive than sad, but will probably still make you cry like a baby.

And you know, I really haven't downloaded an AMV in awhile, so I've probably been missing out on some good ones.
RobotCarnival is offline   Reply With Quote