View Single Post
Old 2009-06-20, 23:33   Link #246
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it seems simple to me. It's because many of the people who are disappointed are labeling it "the show's fault". But, in a global sense, this cannot be. If two people watch the same show and arrive at very differing impressions, the difference is not the show, it's the people viewing it. So, when two people watch the same anime but arrive at different value judgements, one can only assume that they must have been looking at the anime from a different perspective or have differing values. And so people grasp at straws to try to understand what it is about that person that makes them different -- not necessarily wrong, but different. Because after all, it does stand to reason that if you did happen to have the same valuations as those who enjoyed the show, you probably would have enjoyed it too. In all cases -- and yes, I'm going to say it -- the show "is what it is". Our perspectives are all that differ. Having these discussions is as much about understanding the show as it is about understanding each other.
That makes sense to me. More sense then you could imagine actually seeing as I've made the exact same point in other forums myself.