View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 17:38   Link #133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Leaving subjective interpretations of what viewers see as "cute" aside, I seriously have to question this statement (Especially what I bolded).

Did I miss something while watching this show? What code has been deciphered? What greater understanding has formed between the siblings? This show so far has shown the development of both sides to willingly continue their weak connection, but by no means do they truly understand one another.

At the very least, the viewer doesn't know. They haven't explained anything to us. Again i'm going to ask, why do they hate each other (Without extrapolating from extremely weak clues)?

This isn't about a character being tsuntsun or deredere or tsundere or whatever the hell people want. We all know what kind of sister Kyousuke sees as picturesque, but as you pointed out, part of this show is having him coming to terms with how her sister acts in "reality." The problem is, and always has been for me in this show past episode 6, that they completely forgot about this. They were constructing this exact narrative, and then decided to shelve it for almost 5 episodes.

We had to go through that painful last episode for me, only because the story needed a huge bandaid. Unfortunately for me, that bandaid wasn't good enough.

This episode, albeit anime original, was where the show should have been heading to in the first place. Not the silly dribble they put us through in previous episodes (Side stories aside).
eyah, that kind of fits in with my feeling that they STARTED about a dozen different interesting threads including the supposed main one you describe... it was like a writer's attack of context-overswitching. Every few seconds, "but look at what is going on OVER HERE!!!" without following up on the ones already opened.

I still like the series... I'm just disappointed that they keep offering me new threads repeatedly without significantly developing the threads they've already created. And then suddenly we have ep 12... "The Bandaid" as you call it (or the "o shit we gotta wrap this up for the broadcast").

Those extra episodes need to be chock full of thread followups. ... or I'm going to have to read the damn novels if i really want a story o.O