View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 01:25   Link #165
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Much like Aquarion is split between three Vectors Apollius is split into three parts.

Aquarion, Fudo and Crea/Rena.
I still like this theory! And to be honest, if Crea/Rena isn't part of Aquarion, who is she? She's been watching Fudo for all this time and really knows what's going on. If she's part of Apollonius it makes sense, but it's not so neat if she isn't.

I find it a little annoying that she's been in Fudo's shadow all the time, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hell, Amata doesn't even "know" Mikono at all from the way he was praising her as the perfect and pure saint worthy to be his prize. Amata was only telling Kagura the Mikono he wants not the one that he's chasing after.
Um, dude, that's not correct. I know you like waxing lyrical, but Amata wasn't portraying Mikono as a saint. He even went through her negative characteristics. "She's shy, she has a short temper, and she gets jealous for no reason!"

Then he goes on to talk about the things he likes about her. "But she always tries her best, and she can take in people's pain! She can connect people's feelings together! That's the Mikono I love!"

The development of Amata/Mikono in EVOL certainly does have serious problems, not least of which is that the writers couldn't let it develop very far for plot reasons. The writers have cut back the screen time that pairing ought to have had, because if they were shown talking to each other for long enough, they would surely have sorted out their problems by now. It did get sidelined in favour of side plots. Not a great move on the part of the writers. If I were them I'd have made a lot of changes to the pacing.

Nonetheless, the Amata/Mikono romance is still not as shallow as you say it is. You're saying that Zessica's unrequited love, Mix/Andy and Jin/Yunoha are superior because "They actually fell in love and had reasons for their love that developed over more than one episode." But Amata/Mikono has had that. Hell, Amata in episode 25 even went ahead and listed his non-fate-related reasons for loving Mikono, the ones which grew as he came to know her over the course of multiple episodes, as opposed to his initial "OMG this is fate!" attraction.