View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 23:24   Link #47
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Do you think Kirito was just bs'ing about being the best player in the game? I mean, obviously, he said those things in order to negate the suspicions players were starting to have about one other, but I wonder if the fact that he was able to defend against the Wolf Lord's attacks was as he said it was? I was under the impression that because this game has no magic or class distinctions, it should be theoretically improbable to be more effective in one area of battle over someone else, yet Kirito manages to do just that(with the help of Asuna) by single-handedly parrying the Wolf Lord's attacks. Does this mean levels don't even matter, as long as you have the techniques(i.e. tactics, not "skills") to defend against the enemy?
Well we can either assume

a) He was bluffing to baffle the group
b) He really did, and was acting that way to again, baffle the group

Personally, I think that by his gulping swallow, he was nervously wondering if telling them he actually did it (went so high up) would work in getting them to back off. Not only this, but he never once thought about how it was going to be difficult ahead. Plus, he displayed excellent skills, so we can only assume he's adept and therefore has more experience.

But what really makes me think he got up many floors was how he noticed the weapon type that the Wolf King switched to. I doubt any other enemies on the first floor sported a giant curved sword like the Wolf King did. Thus, he has seen it being used by enemies on much higher floors.

I think that the boss (though he's big) was only parry-able because of a closeness in level. The skill probably works against certain "forces" or "strengths" in a ratio between the defender and attacker's level. The Wolf King's strength was within range for the skill to parry him.