View Single Post
Old 2010-10-16, 16:33   Link #213
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
My friend and I were gonna start an anime club at our high school. Another friend and his friends were going to as well. Unfortunately, these couple of girls started it before us.

So here I am with a couple friends thinking, "Oh wow! This is a perfect chance to chat with other people about great anime, play some awesome Street Fighter together, and discover great series I haven't heard of before!"

During our club fair, I walk over to see the anime board.
The anime on display: Naruto, Inuyasha, Cardcaptor Sakura, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alch(e)mist, and D Grey-Man.

My inner snob is coming out. I'm fearful. But I'll go anyways, haha. Just cause the staff doesn't share the same sort of interest in anime as I do doesn't mean the club won't!
Are they talking about Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood? Or the previous version of Fullmetal Alchemist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
A lonely hobby, eh? I think that might be true, but it all depends on the person, after all.

Otaku are everywhere in the world, but they are also always minority, that's why we can't really talk about our hobby openly. There are even numerous segmentation between otakus, right? some people like moe, while the other one like mecha, and so on. I believe this applies to the other hobbies too, not limited only to otaku.
Yep, and the anime "Ore no Imouto" brings up a possible discussion between 2 otakus