View Single Post
Old 2010-12-23, 14:16   Link #4554
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have a simple rule... if your caller ID says "Withheld", "Unavailable", "Private Caller", "Out of Area", or looks clearly munged (0-000-000-0000 for a real example), then you really aren't serious about talking to me and I send it to voicemail. If you don't leave a message on my voicemail - that just confirms you aren't serious about talking to me and I'll put you on my special "no ring always to voicemail" list if you left an actual number.

That clears up a lot of problems. And yeah, Saintess, you were basically being telemarketed at the least and more likely being phished/scammed/whatever. Real surveys will clearly identify themselves and what the survey is for.

Caller ID can be hoaxed/screwed with by PBX systems and other tools. Hell, my wife's company (large publicly traded firm) had idiots in their IT group who couldn't get their phones to give the same output... a few phone numbers would say "company name", some would say "unavailable" some "private" and some "out of area".
I have trawled through temps through this year, and some government jobs I had in have with-held numbers. Similarly, back when I was in the army, sudden recalls often came through a withheld number from my base. Thus I pick up calls even if they are withheld numbers.

Another thing : what is the name of this song?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote