View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 08:10   Link #55
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I am doubly confused now. Your hypothetical(s) seem to have little to do with anything I've written...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I just don't understand the part about feedbacks. I don't think the point of this discussion is to give feedback to companies.
Add me to the list of people confused by TRL's post

I'm not even sure how to reply to it so I'll just go back to what was said earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
We speak as though "execution" is a quantifiable object that I can add to any media project and instantly make it better.

Anyone care to point me to where I can buy said object? It would sure make my job a lot easier.
Every anime executes,it's not something some animes have and others don't,there's many ways to to execute the same premise just like there's many ways to paint the same landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu
No. At the moment, all narrative ideas are not equal. Some ideas are indeed more interesting than others and they are more apt to explain the human condition. A show about people living under a totalitarian system is more interesting intellectually and emotionally simply because it's so rare at the moment.
It wasn't always rare,cyberpunk setting with adult cast was once a bit of a fad in anime,it didn't lead to a whole bunch of animes questioning the human condition but rather a whole lot of gory action shows.