View Single Post
Old 2005-12-30, 18:26   Link #277
tennisfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
What about Tezuka Zone, Cyclone Smash, Super Special Momo Dunk(Or whatever he called it), Tsubasa Gaeshi(Think it was spelled like that, and all the 3 counters to Fuji pluss his amazing serve!(Where he puts a spinn on the ball before hitting it).
Tezuka zone is BS.

Cyclone Smash could work, but by the time youtwist your body around to get the power, the ball will already hit the ground. (I also want to point out smashes are hard things to pull off; in the anime they were jumping 15 ft into the air, so of course it's easy for them)

Momo's Dunk can work, but you have to be so close to the net to hit it vertically up that you run the risk of hitting the net and forfeiting the point.

Fuji's stuff is impossible, with the exception of Higmuma Otoshi. If you time it right, and angle your racket, it can work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Question: Its not really Hadokyou if you just hit it hard right? Or should I ask: does flat shot(ie so-called using 120% of your muscle power) exists?

And I really cant picture a snake shot in real life , especially seeing how much balls in tennis matches seem to be soo straight except for the occasional lob or drop volly.

The air in PoT seem to be more materialised than real air
Flat Shot's exist but are called sinkers (and you dont use 120% of anything on your body), like that one guy with the big nose did when playing Fuji. No spin on the ball.

Watch women's matches to see a buggy whip shot. Lindsey Davenport does them a lot. Tim Henman does them too.
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote