View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 02:50   Link #769
desrtsku
Nympholept

If they want to kill moe, let them be. As long as we get a good cop show, I'm fine with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
In any case, I did get the impression that Akane was reprimanded for what she did.
What was she reprimanded for exactly? For shooting at Kogami or for not shooting at the victim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Look, for this Psycho-Pass Gun to so quickly go from basically stating "Eliminate this target, as the target is beyond realistic hope of rehabilitation" to stating "Bring the target under control with paralysis, there is hope of rehabilitation" is very, very questionable.
It's not questionable at all, it's actually pretty understandable. When some people lose it, they might become really violent and calm their self down a few moment later. It looked like the passage from paralyser mode to the lethal mode happens when the target crosses a certain line. It's too early to tell what's that "line" is, but from the look of it it's probably when the target shows really strong killing intent. Like someone above said, the raped woman held a lighter when the gun switched into lethal mode, the executed criminal pulled the trigger like there's no tomorrow and the guy in the first scene held a freaking saw and was about to paint the floor with Kogami's bowels ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ It's explained in this episode the drones can't enter certain areas of the city (for some political reason, IIRC), so that would explain why they use humans.
It's not enough actually, they said they were "short on people". Enough to send a rookie in a hell-like place, that is. If that's so problematic, then they should have just sent the drones in the allowed sections and the enforcers in the others. But if it appears they're not using them at all, then either something is off with their logic or that's not all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And before you or anybody else raises the "Why not just use robots, then?" argument, there's actually some things that humans are just flatout better at than AIs (consider video games, where top human competition is almost always harder than AIs). Yes, this is clearly in the future, but maybe AI hasn't advanced as far in this world as it has in, say, Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I already said it in a post above, but I seriously believe one those is "not shooting at the guy even when the gun says it", 'cause it might make the situation worse (there's two evidences of that in this very episode).