View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 07:40   Link #1031
typhonsentra

Yeah I'm not getting what you mean by "Abusive" either. He yelled at Eba once in anger but I feel it was justified given the circumstance and punched Eba's brother but he kinda had it coming too.

I can't believe how people ignore how unfair Nanami was to Haruto throughout the entire series too. At least with Haruto it's understandable to me how he could misread how people will interpret his actions, not so much with her. When he confessed she ran away and didn't talk to him for like, a week? When she does she tells him she just wants to be friends and then turns around soon after telling him "Maybe" after he'd already accepted the break-up and strings him along for months on end. Hell, she even admits to Rin that she was stringing him along unfairly, and when she finally decides to break things off completely it's because.... their friend (Yes, the girl she's jealous of but still her friend.) got lost at the festival and he went looking for her.

She complained about feeling insecure over him "Always" picking Eba over her (Not really true but whenever he did pick time with Nanami over Eba she never knew about it.) but the fact is, both times he "Picked" her were both simply because Eba's problems were both much more serious and he would've been a bit of a monster had he ignored her to spend time with his insecure crush.

Eba isn't innocent either though, she now knows he likes her too (Or at least has a good hunch) but is now intentionally ("I dunno what I'd do if sempai asked me out!") playing games to make him jealous and then has the audacity to get mad at him when he questions whether she still likes him? Kirukawa, I feel bad for her but he really did nothing at all to lead her on and she won't listen to him any time he tries to fix it either.

Edit: And just want to point out, the only instance of physical abuse between him and a girl was when Nanami slapped him, which I thought was completely uncalled for and reminded me very much of Suzuka who she just so happens to look like.... God I hope he doesn't end up with a psycho like Nanami/Suzuka when this is over.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-08-09 at 17:46.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote