View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 07:59   Link #5703
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They broke it 2 or 3 times in SEED.
That was the only time they actually broke it and even then they made it clear that they were setting the line at weapons development and nothing more. And even then it was a point of contention. Cagalli went as far as to say her father betrayed Orb in doing so and it was all in secret so it seems to me more like Cagalli's father had bent rules he wasn't supposed to, rather than break ideals that were not fundamental to the country.

Quote:
If you give a leeway for one of the claims, then you have to give a leeway for another. Thus, by joining the Alliance in Destiny, then Orb forms into a relationship with other nations on Earth. And any conflict that the Alliance has is also Orb's conflict.

Remember, the reason given for the war in Destiny was the Junius 7 drop, which also affected Orb.

If neither you nor Obelisk is willing to give that leeway for Orb in Destiny, then the other choice is for you guys to accept that these are truly not so fundamental to Orb such that the government may change them without having any significant dissension from the people.
It's true that Orb could've argued that as a basis.

But it didn't.

But even then that's a false equivalence argument. Orb was directly invaded in the first season whereas in the second season it was an indeterminate terrorist attack.

And the idea that they had to take sides because of the treaty is false. It's the other way round: The fact that they took sides lead to the treaty.

Quote:
If that was how you interpret it, then Orb was a participant the moment they helped build the Gundams. And yet Uzumi still refused to get into the war. So no, the fact that Orb had a conflict with the AF doesn't give them the right (under their own ideals) to interfere in a conflict between the AF and the PLANTs.
But they weren't interfering with any conflict. They were fighting a side that had occupied them.

Quote:
Yeah, by ignoring those ideals when it doesn't suit them, and then upholding it once it becomes convenient again.
The original point here was about how letting themselves being invaded didn't break their ideal if they were doing it to maintain the core ideal. That's hardly ignoring it when it doesn't suit them.

Quote:
Did you skip phase 26-27? One of them may be a recap episode.
No I've seen them and they were good episodes as well that thickened the plot between Shinn and Stellar but I just didn't have much to comment on. The Recap episode was Episode 20.

[EDIT]

...and Episode 29 apparently. I don't even know why they bother with recap episodes when they recap every 30 seconds anyway...

Last edited by Haak; 2013-01-26 at 11:41.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote