View Single Post
Old 2010-05-18, 19:21   Link #10023
BillardFriend
Boardgamer

Hello, Anime Suki Forum community. I was introduced to anime when I was very young when my mother rented me Cartoon videos from the local Mom and pop video Cassette rental stores near my home where I grew up. Cartoons such as Battle of the Planets, Warriors of the Wind ( Nausicaa stripped down), the Last Unicorn, Danger Mouse etc...

I started to read Manga in elementary school when I encountered a Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind graphic novel by Viz Comics in a local comic book store. I remember reading manga such as Pineapple Army, Appleseed, Dominion Tank police, Grey, Golgo 13, and Akira. Some Manga was forbidden for me by my Mom such as Lone Wolf and Cub, my mom thought it was too violent.

I did watch Robotech when it aired on my local TV channel, thank you Carl Macek and Rebba West.

In High School I started to watch Anime, although it was limited to Streamline and U.S. Reneditions at first then all of a sudden a lot of anime companies started up like Animiego, Manga, A.D. Vision, etc..

Used to save my lunch money and buy a video from Sun Coast video store. Back then if you wanted Ranma 1/2 subbed you were looking to spend over thirty dollars for two episodes

Went to my first Anime Expo 95.

In College I saw some more Anime, usually what my friends liked. I also completed my set of Nausicca of the Valley of wind graphic novels from Viz Comics, which has really been the only thing I seriously collected in my life.

My tastes in anime vary. I like a lot of the Ghibli stuff. I like Anime such as Armor Tropper Votoms. I also like the weird stuff like Ping Pong Club, and Detroit Metal City. My friend got me into watching Azumanga Diaoh, Touch, Maison Ikkoku and YKK, thanks Mark.

I think that is it for my intro, glad to be here.

Last edited by BillardFriend; 2010-05-19 at 10:20. Reason: spelling
BillardFriend is offline   Reply With Quote