View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 12:34   Link #20
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Among other problems.....

How much of that food would you want to eat, being GMOs, industrialized livestocks, heavily poisoned stuff? Furthermore, how much do you think you can actually transport to the areas in need?
Well between what I want to eat and what I eat there's a whole world. But anyway, as you said the problem will be transport.

Oil's tipping point has been crossed since 2005, it means that from now on, over the years, the production/discoveries of oil will decrease slowly, following a function some scientists long ago descripted.

If in the ten or twenty years from now on, we can't even nourish those people, then when we will begin to run out of oil it's the dead end for them. We can of course return on coal -as China is doing it- but at the heavy price of environment and cost ... No more cargo, nothing, country like Nigeria who will face a heavy demographic crisis and agriculture/food shortage are ... as good as dead.

Those are facts, I state them, but unfortunately, there is no solution for the time being, it's as if there's a common agreement between developped countries to let Africa dies slowly. Just kidding ... barely.

There's also the optimistic side, thinking that thanks to science development and especially the one on "green energy", leaving oil won't be a problem. Hmmm I would love too, but aside some miracle, fusion nuclear reaction won't be used for civil energy for ( the optimistic corroboration is for 70 years) and as for solar energy ... Well in France it's the dead end for this, I hope US, Japan and Germany will do better.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote