View Single Post
Old 2008-04-07, 04:39   Link #58
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
They did not explain details about character back ground because Half of them died in the end.

00 is a bit different than other gundams, really fresh at the beginning. then the whole character appaearing then dying thing geto realy annoying, to me character developement and the interaction between them is very important. And I never got the whole Saji thing, hpe they are buidling something for he second season.

seems like first season is pretty much show setting + explanation + build hype for season 2. like seriously, the show is called Gundam 00, and the "Gundam 00" only appareard in the end of the season for like 4 seconds
I feel the show has been set up that way as well. First season was to establish the world and most of the main characters to a point. But not to give us everything about those characters. Even Lockon wasn't fully done, but he does have a brother that can help fill in the gaps there.

Explanation though isn't really something done in S1. That'll really come with S2. S1 was more about the giving us the questions. This is why the first half of G00 doesn't bother me. I was loving the series from ep 1, and they've built up a world that I can see continuing onwards with new stories even after this one has been told. We know the world and how it works. When S2 starts we'll need very little time spent on getting us up to date on what's changed in the world since we did see the start of those changes in S1.

As for Saji and Louise, apart from that really daft part with Louise's mother, I didn't mind them. There's obiously more for those 2 to do yet. And I hope it doesn't involve military, at least on Saji's front anyway. They kept him away from that for a reason. If they wanted him there they would have had him join in the 4 year gap. Besides, we have enough pilots on the ESF front anyway. Saji would be out of place.