View Single Post
Old 2008-05-31, 00:04   Link #109
Wesley84

Wow. The intro of this episode was probably the most intense twenty seconds this series has had since the first two episodes. It's single-handiedly rekindled my interest in the series after the trainwrecks of these last few episodes, and I've experienced a bit of a pause of my criticism of "Sniper Mecha" simply because a scene like that is only possible with a sniper.

On the other hand, if he wasn't a sniper, he could just fly in their and paste the guy with conventional ordinance.

Oh. I owe Sheryl an apology. She wasn't saluting. She was shielding her eyes from the harsh rays of the artificial sun as she looked into the artificial wild blue yonder for the benefit of a film crew.

Why the hell is Alto getting angry at Grace? And do you think Michael likes them bionic? And what do you know? Even Michael has a sore spot.

And hell yes! Vajra are back baby! After episode seven I was beginning to think they'd never be able to put up a decent fight again!

Michael dropped the ball, and gave us a nice firepower demonstration. Now we have a really good idea what kind of hits the Vajra can tank.

Well, it's interesting they're discussing their situation, but I'm a little confused by the apparent attrition Frontier is experiencing. Why would there be "poverty"? Is there some reason why water would be in short supply? What exactly was the mission Alto and company were attending?

Also Grace is in yer internetz, watching your secret meeting.

Yes! Finally! Klan is back, we've learned which of her Pixies is Nene (the pink haired one). Ah, you can smell the pride (and the loli).

Alto's back to being a jerk. Has this guy always taken everything as being personal? Seriously, would that be a fair statement? He takes everything personally even if it has nothing to do with him?

Yes, Nene. Hide behind your four foot tall Onee-sama. Hide and be cute.

Beat him, Michael, beat him good! And you're such a woman Luca! Shut the hell up!

Somehow "part-time jobs" doesn't sound appropiate when alluding to mercenary work. Also it's good to know that Ranka is still working at the Nyan Nyan.

Oh come on! That kind of beating, the swelling, the brusies, Alto should never be able to be called "Hime" again! And at least his complaining will net us a backstory, all because Karaina wants him to shut the hell up already.

Wow. The scene between Michael and Klan was great. Evidently his and his sister's guardian (we don't know if it was father, mother, or possibly elder sibling) died in service, his sister later joined the Spacy, and...

And the slap (why was he holding it's...cheek?). I'm loathed to read into that scene though, because it probably means Klan has feelings for the guy. I wonder if it was intentional? Confronting him while he was piloting a V-25 in mech mode?

Sheryl sure knows how to ruin her credibility. Lame indeed.

I guess joining a military outfit simply because you wanted to fly and had father issues is a pretty poor reason. Well, probably as good as any other when you get right down to it, so long as you know and admit why you did.

Poor Ranka.

And I never noticed how much alike Ozma and Bobby look-alike.

A nest? The things are capable of Fold travel, and could be operating remotely from a carrier. I suppose it stands to reason to at least search asteriod fields and other spacial bodies though. There might be a nest, there might not be a nest, they simply don't know.

Well, not much to say about the dog-fight. Everyone got a piece of Bresra. I'm convinced yet again that the whole sniper thing is silly and too situation dependent. I do hope we never have to see another tug-o-war like that again just so that Michael can be useful. Klan didn't fire a single missle though a very nice intuition shot with her shoulder cannon. So much chasing though.