View Single Post
Old 2010-10-06, 11:06   Link #8
wingman32x

Well, I mildly liked season 1, but it could have been much better IMO. Most of the time it was just cute girls doing cute things, and you never got a lot of insight into their characters. The music was great, and was probably the only reason why I liked season 1 and stayed around for season 2. Overall, I give season 1 a 7/10.

Season 2 is what made a fan out of me. I absolutely loved it. Unlike the first season, they went into a lot more detail about the girls' personalities and motivations. They also touched a lot more on the bond the club members shared and how much they cared for one another. They also handled the graduation process perfectly. Like the scene after their festival performance, when it fully hit them that this was it. Azusa's POV scenes were also very well done. It showed a surprising amount of detail. The last episode was also well done. Yeah, it wasn't the most conclusive thing in the world, but I thought it fit the series well. Overall, season 2 was just excellent for me. It could have used a bit more music, but that's the only gripe I had with it. Huge improvements from season 1. I give season 2 a 9.5/10.

Overall, I give the entire series an 8.7/10. Before watching season 1, I was skeptical as hell about K-on. I was almost sure that it was overrated, and that I wouldn't really enjoy it because the premise didn't jump out at me. Do I still think it's overrated? Yes, but I can now understand why people like it so much. Looking back, I'm kind of surprised at how much I enjoyed the overall series. A lot of that has to do with season 2 though. Anyway, it's sad to see it go, but I have a feeling it'll be back on TV soon. So in summary:

Season 1: 7/10
Season 2: 9.5/10
overall: 8.7/10