View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 17:48   Link #10801
Sol Falling

I wouldn't necessarily expect other heroes to pop up or anything. The only reason we've been given for Iihiko still being alive after all is because of the Shiranui's quirk of "preserving rarities". If a similar effort hasn't been made to preserve any other heroes, they're unlikely to show up in the story.

More importantly, this chapter interestingly asserts Ajimu's initial impression of being the only "real"/"true" Not Equal. That kinda makes sense, as Hanten never did anything to really live up to that name. Given Ajimu being the only Not Equal, though, including all the accompanying fresh characterization and new perspective she brings to the series, that's all the more reason to expect that her death will not be permanent.

We also might need to revisit the Shiranui's true nature in light of the revelation that Hanten's "make any ability skill" comes just from a doubling of Ajimu. If "making skills" isn't the original nature of the Shiranui, then what exactly would be? Hansode's "Real Eater" is looking a bit more important/significant in light of this. (Or alternatively: was Real Eater just a doubling/reflection of Medaka's abilities?)

Anyway, now Nishio has drawn a clear distinction between Styles and Abnormalities/Minuses, I am pretty curious as to what a Style exactly is. Why exactly would it be exempt from Iihiko's destruction of Skills and Minuses? How exactly did the now "dead" Professor Tsurubami come up with them? It will feel kinda cheap if Styles are able to beat Iihiko despite all the Style users having been beaten already just "because", so I hope Nishio has a good explanation for this.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote